WOW Feeling with Indian Railways


(This is purely my thought not of my employer(s))

Traveling in train is always a wonderful experience in India. You can make new friends, new connections, explore scenic beauty of India and many more hidden opportunities. I very often try to travel through train across Indian terrain, if time permits. I have witnessed Railways in its transformation journey since 1990s. In recent years Indian Railways transforming its services with the help of social media & digital marketing strategies. Since last couple of years Indian Railways utilizing social media to provide better services to its passengers. I have been used twitter in some instances to make complaints and feedback to improve services in Railways, and I was amazed to receive prompt services by Railway officials, not only they reply on tweets even they visit to you so as to understand the issues faced by passengers.

In Feb-2017, I was traveling in Duronto express from Bilaspur to Mumbai. It was fine day, with new designed introduced coaches of third class ac compartment, along with good co-passengers. As it was Duronto express, there were very few number of stoppages across journey, so had to spend time inside coaches only. In case if stoppages of train are more in numbers then you can enjoy experience of railway stations by having variety of food or drinks. However, this journey had changed my way of thinking towards Indian Railways, in other words I could understand how passionate Indian railways, to provide world class services to passengers.

 In Duronto express you would be served with food & drinks as per predefined menu. On that particular day I was fasting due to some family concern as inherited by my beloved mother. When caterer asked me regarding food, I refused as I was fasting for the day. However suddenly my brain plunged and asked caterer whether he could arrange some fasting food for evening hours, he negate request in very humble manner.
While I was enjoying view of outside and very next moment thought came why not to put fasting food request to Indian Railways through social media i.e. twitter. Without wasting any moment, I made a request through twitter. Request was felt insane to few co-passengers, anyway I tweeted the same request.




I was very surprised to have a reply from Indian Railways within 12minutes, that they were checking with their caterer, how the request could be fulfilled.



Within 5minutes catering manager came to meet and understood what he could arrange for me. He provided me list of various food items which could be opted for, else he could prepare food as per my wishes. I was really astonished by the transformed way of working culture of Indian Railways. Even airlines may not provide such customized services to passengers. By the next 1hour food was in my berth, even caterer was ready to prepare food for the night and next morning hours as well. Fellow passengers were surprised and very happy to witness such customer services. It was rally “JOY” moment for passengers. I can surely state that Indian railways have achieved remarkable level of customer delight.




Further I thanked Indian railways & Railways minister for this heartfelt gesture which the provided me, thanks giving tweet reached to more than 27000+ tweeples. Passengers acknowledged better services of Indian Railways. Many people came to know about the experience of how Indian railways providing customized services to its passengers.  




Following are the analytics of thanks giving tweet. Many people’s confidence boosted on Indian railways for better services.



This is how I finished most memorable train journey of my life. For me it was awesome experience to have such lovey service from Indian railways. I was more satisfied as fellow passenger and tweeples gained more confidence on Indian Railways, that our Railway is providing world class services, also enabled to cater any possible requests made by passengers.  
(Tweet picture source – www.twitter.com)
***********

Comments